Mysticism – Poetry – Fire
The tradition of singing and playing music during Advent and at Christmas goes back many centuries. This programme presents medieval and modern versions of well-known carols. Interspersed between the carols, medieval instruments remind us how advent sounded several hundred years ago.
The Quempas tradition of singing from all four corners of the church is featured and the 5th century Christmas text “a solis ortus cardine” provides the framework for the programme.
This musicmakers production took place on the following dates:
- 30th November 2007 at 19:30 in the Open Church Elisabethen in Basle
- 2nd December 2007 at 17:00 in Bruggen/SG
- 5th December 2008 in Eischoll, VS
- 7th December 2008 in the Reformed Church, Hinwil
- 12th December 2008 in St. Andrew’s Church, Zurich
This musicmakers production took place on several dates in 2007 and 2008: